Friday, May 23, 2008

Email from Cepe; Capt & MVP 05

Dear Abg Ise & Kak Ana,

I hope still sempat lagi before you guys bertolak ke Jitra. I planned to write this down since the last couple of weeks lagi but just couldn't find the right time to do so. Malam ni try jugak, & Alhamdulillah I managed to finish it. I already did something similar to this last year, so I just felt a sense of obligation to do it again this time around. I just hope that this will help the boy in one way or another. Please send my regards to Mr. Liew, Cikgu Jimmy, the boys & everyone nanti. Thanks a lot & all the best. I'll wait for the good news, InsyaAllah.
Regards,
Cepe


Salam from Sydney,

So the defining moment is here yet again. I am pretty sure that it is a moment that you guys have long been waiting for, and you just cannot wait to get off and show the world your true quality. You guys will be gunning for a fifth consecutive title, and all I can say is what a massive achievement that will be.

In reality, by now you guys can already consider yourself as a winner, given the amount of hard works you have put in to get to this very point. Not many are willing to choose the way of life that you guys have chosen, and this fact alone makes you stand out from the rest and leads me to suggest that you are worthy winners. Nonetheless, in the world where winning is deemed as actually standing on the podium and receiving your medal, my own definition of winning is insufficient and just does not seem quite right. You guys still have to go out there and actually win it. I am optimistic that you will, and come Sunday I will wait patiently for that good news to reach me.

My only advice here is to not only win, but to win with humility. This quality often gets overlooked by many, especially in a moment of joy and victory. When the final whistle has been blown, do not just walk off the court with your prideful swagger, but instead go and shake hands with your rivals. Everyone knows that you have won, but that does not grant you any right to be disrespectful to those rivals you have just defeated. Most importantly, you should never leave the court without thanking those who support you, those who guide you to where you are now. In short, you may stand on top of the world but you should always remain humble, and never forget those who made it all possible. You see, gracious winners get all the respect and plaudits, while snobby ones will only go down in history book and not in people's memory. I am pretty sure that you get my point. I hope this quality will be perched in your mind and heart not just during the moment you are crowned as a champion, but forever in your life.

I wish you all the best in your pursuit of glory. Bring home the fifth consecutive PHT!

Best regards,

Cepe

CAGERS '05

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations to the CAGERS from TITANS. You guys deserve to win. Thanks a lot to Mr.Liew. We, TITANS learn a lot with CAGERS especially every time we got beaten. We hope next year will be another outstanding year. Never let your guts down because there's a lot of team trying to surpass you guys especially TITANS. We may talk big but thats how we keep our spirit. Send my regards to Mr.Liew. His the man xD

ISEISMAIL said...

Dear Titans 15
Tq for the wishes. The Cagers have nothing against you guys, its just that your previous coach didn't show enough respect to Mr. Liew.
Keep on training, we need more respectable teams to represent North Zone. Baru le org lain tahu there are teams in North Zone other than the Cagers. Doing is better than talking.

Amirul Hafidz said...

Abg Ise, Titans ni from which school??

ISEISMAIL said...

Cepe

If i'm not mistaken, Titans ni dari SMS Tuanku Syed Putra, Kangar, Perlis.

You know how Mr. Liew felt about their coach, remember North Zone kat SBPI Gopeng, 2005??

Amirul Hafidz said...

I see. Yeah I remember, he's a pretty big guy kan? He was young, inexperienced, plus we haven't really established our name yet at that stage, Q4G baru in its second year. So I can understand his behaviour. But I can see that Mr Liew is getting his due respect now not only amongst coaches from other schools, but also the players.